Sunday, March 22, 2015

Slow Cooker Spinach Jalapeño Dip


Monday is National Chips and Dip Day, and it just so happens that chips and dip are one of my biggest weaknesses. I don't know what it is. I don't normally eat chips. In fact, I can't remember the last time I've just eaten plain chips. But when you pair them with a dip -- oh boy! It's pretty much the greatest party snack of all time.

I had never used my slow cooker to make a dip until recently. And let me tell ya, it is awesome! It's actually kind of funny how easy it is. For this Slow Cooker Spinach Jalapeño Dip all I did was dump all the ingredients in the crock pot and give it a few stirs. That's it. I didn't even have to clean anything because I used a disposable liner in the slow cooker.

Also, in case you were wondering on a scale of 1-10 this dip is about a 6.5 on the spiciness scale. It's definitely more cheesy than spicy. But you can of course fix that by adding more hot sauce or jalapeños.

Slow Cooker Spinach Jalapeño Dip
Yield: Makes about 16 (1/4 cup) servings

Ingredients
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 2 (8 ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped and seeded jalapeño peppers (or about 3 peppers)
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dill
Directions
  1. Dump all ingredients in a slow cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on low (stirring occasionally) for 2-3 hours or on high for about 1 hour.
  3. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover