Monday, June 1, 2015

Best Oreo Brownies Ever


Yes, I do know how to make brownies from scratch.

But let’s be real, life is busy! And sometimes it is impractical to spend 20 minutes measuring out ingredients and another 20 minutes cleaning up.

So I’m going to share with you my secret to making the best and easiest brownies ever – boxed Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix and Oreos!

I’ve tested out 6 different “made from scratch” brownie recipes, and I’m telling you these really are the best brownies you’ll ever have!

The Oreos melt into the rest of the batter as it’s baking for extra chocolatey, frosting deliciousness. And the Ghirardelli boxed mix really is outstanding – I mean, can you ever go wrong with Ghirardelli?

Plus (my favorite part) there’s only one bowl to clean up! So go on and make these for dessert tonight! You have time, I promise!

Best Oreo Brownies Ever
Servings: 12 brownies

Ingredients
  • 1 package Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 10 Oreo cookies

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Mix the egg, oil, and water in a bowl.
  3. Add the brownie mix to the bowl and mix until just combined.
  4. Coarsely crush the Oreos. I do this by putting the Oreos in a bag and pounding them with my fist.
  5. Add the Oreo pieces to the batter and mix until just combined.
  6. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
  7. Bake for about 35 minutes. Check the doneness of the brownies by inserting a toothpick into the center – if it comes out clean, you’re good to go!


NOTES: 
  • Double the recipe if you’re baking in a 9x13 pan.
  • If you want the Oreos in your brownie to be more visible, reserve half of the crushed brownies to sprinkle on top.
  • This idea was adapted from Pinch of Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover