Thursday, October 1, 2015

Making festive, fall versions of your favorite cookies



I think we can all agree that fall is probably the best time of the year. Crisp air. Colorful leaves. Cozy sweaters. And most importantly – fall food! Cinnamon, apple, pumpkin, chai, oh my!

So in honor of the first day of October, National Homemade Cookies Day, AND fall I’m sharing my favorite cookie recipes falsified!!!

Wait. No, that’s not right. Do no correct me, spell-check. I meant to say FALL-ified!

First off, make Incredibly Soft M&M Cookies festive by adding autumn M&Ms instead of the regular colored M&Ms. Easy as that!



Secondly, put a fall-spin on snickerdoodle cookies by replacing cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice. And before baking the cookies, roll the dough in pumpkin pie spice and sugar instead of cinnamon and sugar. Same measurements!



Lastly, add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to the cream in oatmeal cream pies and fill the oatmeal sandwich with pumpkin buttercream!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover