This time of year I'm always looking for new brunch and breakfast ideas with Mother's Day and Father's Day coming up. I look for easy recipes that can be prepped in just a few minutes and made ahead of time, ad this recipe for Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket definitely fits the bill.
All you need is one can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and sausage links. You ca use regular sausage or turkey sausage. Personally, I prefer the sausage that's already cooked because it makes the prep even easier. Then you just take a cinnamon roll, unravel it, and cut it into 3 or 4 equal parts. (Obviously you can get a higher yield if you cut it into 4 parts, but if you don't have many sausage links, you can just cut it into 3 parts.) And then just wrap the cinnamon roll around the sausage.
After the Pigs in a Blanket finish cooking, I like to add a maple glaze on top. It's just a few ingredients (butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar), but it makes a huge difference in taste!
And that's it! The result is a portable treat that's the perfect combination of a little salty and a little sweet. The yield is pretty large, so these would also be great for a tailgate or bridal shower or other brunch function with a big group of people.
Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket
Yield: Makes between 15 and 20 Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 can Grands Cinnamon Rolls (you can use another cinnamon roll brand as long as it unravels)
- 15 to 20 sausage links
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit; line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Unravel each of the 5 cinnamon rolls and cut into 3 or 4 equal pieces
- Wrap one piece of dough around each sausage link and place on baking sheet
- Bake between 20 to 25 minutes, or until cinnamon roll starts to turn golden brown
- Mix together butter and maple syrup; slowly add powdered sugar and mix until combined and there are no lumps
- Drizzle glaze over pigs in a blanket and serve