I think we can all agree that crispy bacon is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
And until recently, cooking bacon in a skillet was the only way I knew how to prepare this delicacy. I would stand over a hot stove and get splattered by grease all for the love of bacon. And then 20 seconds later (that’s about how long it takes to eat bacon at our house) I had to wash a messy skillet and wipe down a grease-splattered stove top.
Fortunately I learned a new method for cooking bacon – in the oven! This technique takes the same amount of time as skillet-cooking, BUT you don’t have keep watch over it. And most importantly there’s no cleanup (as you can tell, that’s a big deal for me)!
P.S. This is a good way to cook the bacon necessary for the Roasted Garlic Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe that I’m posting on Friday!
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED BACON
WHAT YOU NEED
· Baking sheet
· Aluminum foil
· Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and turn up the edges.
3. Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Lay the bacon in a single layer on the aluminum foil. Make sure the bacon strips do no overlap.
5. Place the baking sheet on the lowest rack in your oven.
6. Cook for 14 minutes.
7. Pull baking sheet out of the oven and move the bacon onto a towel-lined sheet to soak up any excess grease.
8. Let the grease solidify on the aluminum foil, then crumple it up and throw it away.
Raw bacon in single layer on baking sheet
Cooked bacon in baking pan
Mmmm crispy bacon!
The finished product
Is your mouth watering yet?