Peanut Butter ✓
Scotcheroos have it all! And for as long as I can remember, they've been a staple at all Wierks family gatherings, which is exactly why I’m sharing them in this week’s blog posts.
This recipe has very few steps and you don’t need to bake them – making it the perfect treat for chefs of all skill levels.
They’re also great for parties because they’re easy to pick up and they stay fresh for up to a week (although I highly doubt there will be any leftover for that long)!
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar (301.5 grams)
- 1 and 1/2 cup light corn syrup (468 grams)
- 1 and 1/2 cup peanut butter (405 grams)
- 9 cups Rice Krispies (this is a 12 ounce box)
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels (170 grams)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (170 grams)
- Cook sugar and syrup in a 4 quart sauce pan over medium heat until mixture comes to a soft boil.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Mix in Rice Krispies.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Press Rice Krispies mixture into 9 x 13 pan.
- Let harden for about 10 minutes.
- Melt butterscotch morsels and semi-sweet chocolate morsels in microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove morsels from microwave and stir.
- If morsels aren’t all the way melted, reheat for another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat process until morsels are melted.
- Spread morsel mixture over Rice Krispies.
- Chill baking pan for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars and serve!