This was one of the very first recipes I ever tried making. It is the quintessential recipe for the "Bachelor Series" because you should already have all five of these ingredients in your kitchen right now! And just like the other recipes in this series, all you have to do is dump the ingredients into a crock pot and wait just a few hours.
I would like to point out that when I post the cooking times for crock pot recipes, I write down the time that I use for my own personal crock pot. Depending on the brand of crock pot you use and the thickness of your meat, cooking times will vary. Remember though that until you find the cooking time that works best for your crock pot make sure to always go lower than higher. You can always cook your meat longer, but you can't reverse overdone meat.
CROCK POT TERIYAKI CHICKEN
Yield: 4 servings
Calories per serving: Approximately 175 calories
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds chicken breast or thighs
- Pour soy sauce, honey, ketchup, and garlic powder into crockpot and stir
- Place chicken into crockpot and stir again
- Turn the crock pot on low and cook meat for about 4 hours
- Once meat is cooked through, remove from crockpot and serve
The chicken should be throughly covered in the sauce
Serve with rice and vegetables for a healthy meal