I love going to hibachi restaurants. I love all the flipping knives and the flames. And most importantly I love the food! It’s fresh and extremely flavorful. Unfortunately, going to a hibachi restaurant can get pretty pricey. And that’s exactly why I wanted to replicate the meal at home.
This recipe is a full hibachi meal: meat, vegetables, and fried rice. Unfortunately, it doesn’t include instructions for all of the knife twirling, but I’m still working on that!
COPYCAT JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE HIBACHI WITH FRIED RICE
Yield: 2 servings
Calories per serving: 685 calories
· 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
o You can substitute steak, shrimp, tofu, etc.
· 1 head of broccoli
· 1 large zucchini
· 1/2 large white onion
· 3 squares Land O Lakes Sauté Express Teriyaki
o You can substitute 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons soy sauce
· 4 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 and 1/3 cups frozen vegetable medley mix
· 2 eggs
· 1 and 1/2 cups rice (white or brown)
1. Prepare your meat and vegetables ahead of time:
a. Cut up the chicken into 1-inch pieces
b. Cut off the broccoli florets
c. Cut up the zucchini into coins
d. Chop up the white onion
2. Heat 1 square of Land O Lakes Sauté Express in a wok or very large pan on medium high heat
3. Add the chicken to the wok along with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
4. Sauté the chicken for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
5. Remove the chicken from the wok
6. Without cleaning the wok, add another square of Land O Lakes Sauté Express
7. Add the broccoli and the zucchini to the wok along with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
8. Sauté the broccoli and the zucchini for 6-8 minutes until tender
9. Remove the veggies from the wok
10. Without cleaning the wok, add another square of Land O Lakes Sauté Express
11. Add the onion and the frozen vegetable medley mix along with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
12. Sauté for about 3 minutes until onions are translucent
13. Add the eggs and lightly scramble as you add them to the wok.
14. Once scrambled add the rice to the wok.
15. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
16. Add the soy sauce to the wok and cook an additional minute.
Prepare and chop your ingredients ahead of time
Sauté your chicken until no longer pink
Cook your vegetables until tender
All the flavors in the wok combine together with the grand finale - fried rice
Make the meal with chicken, steak, shrimp, or tofu!