Happy National Lemonade Day! Lemonade is a classic drink that I think just about everyone enjoys. There's nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day. My favorite has always been pink lemonade, primarily because of the color! However, I've found that many mixes are either too sweet or too tart. That's why I started making my own lemonade. This way I know exactly what's going into it - no artificial chemicals or sweeteners! My goal for coming up with a lemonade recipe was finding something that didn't take much effort. Additionally, I wanted to make it even more "summery" with the addition of fresh fruit! I used raspberries in this recipe, but you can easily substitute strawberries or blueberries.
PINK RASPBERRY LEMONADE
Yield: 9 cups
Calories: 57 calories per 1 cup
· 1 cup lemon juice (you can either fresh squeeze 4 lemons or buy lemon juice)
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
· 5 cups cold water
· 3 cups ice
1. Combine lemon juice, sugar, and raspberries in a blender.
2. Blend until sugar has dissolved.
3. Place mixture in a large pitcher
4. Add water and ice to pitcher and stir
Recipe adapted from Dawn’s Recipes