I've always been a big fan of snack mixes. They're great for taking to tailgates or parties or eating alone on the couch while watching Netflix. So with pumpkin season amongst us I wanted to share one of my favorite fall party mixes. This recipe is adapted from a recipe my mom found on a Chex cereal box. The mixture of cinnamon and pumpkin spice is just the perfect amount of sweetness. Also, the pecans in this mixture make it more filling than your average snack.
PUMPKIN PIE PARTY MIX
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups cinnamon Chex cereal
- 3 cups honey wheat Chex cereal
- 8 ounces pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Melt butter in large microwaveable container for 1 minute
- Remove melted butter from microwave and add vanilla
- Pour both honey wheat and cinnamon Chex into the bowl with the melted butter
- Add pecans to the bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice
- Dump the mixture on top of the Chex bowl
- Stir the ingredients in the bowl until completely combined
- Microwave mixture for 5 minutes, but take the bowl out of the microwave after every minute and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, and dump mixture onto wax paper.
- Let mixture cool for at least two hours.
- Store mixture in airtight container.
This is the mixture, pre-mixing.
Letting the mixture cool off on wax paper.
Waiting is the hardest part!
Check out that cinnamony, brown sugar goodness!
Aerial shot of the mix because this plate is adorbs.