WARNING: This party mix is highly addictive. Once you try one bite, you will not be able to stop.
This mixture is always a favorite of friends and family! The light white chocolate coating provides the perfect sweet and salty combination. My mom found it in the newspaper years ago, and it's been a staple at all holiday gatherings. It's so easy to grab one little chunk and then end up eating the entire batch. I could eat this stuff until I make myself sick (which I've done quite a few times).
Two of the best parts of this snack are that it's 1) SUPER EASY (everyone knows how to use a microwave and stir) and 2) very colorful! You can use special holiday color M&Ms to make the mix super festive!
The whole recipe makes about 5 quarts. As far as serving size goes... well that's really hard to say. As I previously mentioned, it's hard to stop at just one handful, so who really knows how many servings it makes!
ADDICTIVE WHITE CHOCOLATE PARTY MIX
- 10 ounces of pretzel sticks, broken into halves
- 5 cups of Cheerios
- 5 cups of Corn Chex
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 pound M&Ms
- 2 (12 ounce) packages of white morsels
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, Cheerios, Corn Chex, peanuts, and M&Ms. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat white chocolate morsels and oil for one minute.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir thoroughly.
- After stirring, stick the bowl back in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir again until there are no lumps.
- Pour melted white chocolate over cereal mixture and mix well with large spoon.
- Dump mixture onto wax paper-lined baking sheets and spread.
- Let the mixture cool and break apart into smaller chunks. Store in an airtight bag or container.
Melted white chocolate and oil
Mixing up the mixture!
Spread the mixture onto wax paper until it has cooled.
Break the mix into smaller chunks.
Normally, my family just serves the mixture in a big bowl so everyone can grab from it.
But in this case, I was bringing the mixture to Fox59 for a co-worker's birthday,
so I thought it would be fun to divvy it up into cupcake liners!