My mom has made this cheese ball every Christmas for as long as I can remember. It’s a great little appetizer that you can serve with crackers, and it really is quite pretty. I recently served it at a party for my Bible study group and it was a big hit! I read online that instead of using chopped pecans on the outside you could use chopped bacon. If you try it, let me know how it goes!
Dena’s Famous Cheese Ball
· 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
· 1 (5 ounce) container Roka Blue cheese spread
· 1 (5 ounce) container Old English cheese spread
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Beat cream cheese, Roka Blue cheese, Old English cheese, and garlic powder together in small bowl until well blended.
2. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and shape into a ball.
4. Set out parchment paper (or saran wrap) and scatter pecans on the paper.
5. Roll the cheese ball in the pecans until all sides of the cheese ball are covered.
6. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with crackers.
7. Keeps up to three weeks in refrigerator.