Saturday, December 6, 2014

Impossibly Easy Peppermint Fudge


I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I say this peppermint fudge is impossibly easy. How do I know it qualifies as impossibly easy? Well let me tell you a little story about my dad...

The last time my dad prepared something in the kitchen was approximately 27 years ago when my parents were first dating. He decided to make spaghetti. Easy enough right? Well somehow he managed to defy the laws of gravity, and the spaghetti sauce ended up all over the walls.

So yesterday when my dad decided he wanted fudge and my mom said she wasn't going to make it, he decided to take matters into his own hands. 

My mom and I watched as he started the double boiler and combined two of the three necessary ingredients. He carefully stirred the concoction as he waited for the chocolate chips to melt, and then he quickly poured the chocolate into the pan and spread it with a spatula. He finished it off with the third and final ingredient - a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candy. And the best part was that no fudge ended up on the walls!

And that is how I know this fudge is impossibly easy.


Impossibly Easy Peppermint Fudge
Yield: About 42 pieces
Calories: 68 calories per piece

Ingredients
  • 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 candy canes, crushed (or 9 peppermint candies)
Directions
  1. Line an 8 x 8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
  2. Combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler and heat over low to medium heat. Stir frequently until the chocolate chips have melted (about 5 minutes).
  3. Pour the chocolate into the pan and use a spatula to smooth the surface.
  4. Acting quickly, sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies on top of the fudge.
  5. Refrigerate the fudge for at least two hours. Cut into small squares and serve.
Recipe adapted from the Pioneer Woman.

Smoothing out the surface of the fudge

Almost finished!

Sprinkling the peppermint candies

The beautiful fudge

Looking very festive

My favorite type of mountain is a fudge mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover