Thursday, February 5, 2015

National Homemade Soup Day on Fox59


This week I made an appearance on Fox59 for National Homemade Soup Day! As I’ve expressed before I’m a huge soup fan. It’s all I crave during the winter.

It kills me that so many people only eat canned soup when homemade soup is actually very inexpensive to make and it’s significantly healthier for you. When you make your own soup you get to decide everything that goes into it so you can cut back on a lot of unnecessary sodium and fat.

Also, making homemade soup is soooo incredibly easy – especially when you use a slow cooker. Most of the time you can just dump all of the ingredients in your crockpot and let it slowly cook to perfection.

Last week I shared one of my favorite homemade soup recipes on this blog – Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. I chose to make this recipe for my segment because it’s been pretty popular amongst my readers, and I’ve had quite a few people tell me they’ve already made it.

I made the soup in the mini kitchen at the Fox59 station while I was at work overnight. The whole station smelled wonderful, and I had numerous people ask me about it. When I was done with the segment, my co-workers swarmed the crockpots to get a cup of it. I had two slow cookers full of soup, and it was all gone within ten minutes! That just goes to show how much people love fresh soup!


You can find the full post and recipe for the soup here.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover