Saturday, February 28, 2015

Three-Ingredient Banana Pancakes

When I was in 8th grade, I subscribed to Seventeen magazine because... obviously. One of the magazines talked about celebrity diets and I read that Jessica Biel’s favorite breakfast was three-ingredient pancakes (bananas, eggs, and cinnamon). So for the next month I made three-ingredient pancakes every single morning. Despite the fact that there’s not much to them they actually do turn out like banana-flavored pancakes. And they were obviously super healthy since a whole stack of them had very few calories and lots of protein. That Jessica Biel was onto something!

Recently, I've seen this recipe start to pop up everywhere on Pinterest, clean-eating websites, etc. So I decided to make them again, and I don't know why I ever stopped! They're so easy. And they're gluten-free and paleo.




Three-Ingredient Pancakes
Yield: Makes about 5 small pancakes

Ingredients
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions
  1. In a bowl, combine the banana, eggs and cinnamon.
  2. Mix/mash until the mixture becomes all smooth. You can use a fork to achieve that.
  3. Grease your frying pan with a little bit of oil or butter.
  4. Heat your stove to a low to medium setting.
  5. Pour two tablespoons of the batter in your pan and cook for about 1½ minutes on both sides or until done.
  6. Serve as is or garnish with anything you like (banana slices, cinnamon, honey...).




1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover