Remember that Gooey Butter Cookie Recipe I posted on Wednesday. Well, it was so addicting that I thought "Hey, let's add sprinkles!" And the result was Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies. And they are delicious and additcing!
Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies
Yield: Makes about 24 cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box of Funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until well blended (about 2 minutes)
- Add vanilla and egg to the bowl and blend until combined.
- Add in cake mix and blend until just combined.
- Chill dough for a half hour so it’s easy to form into balls. Dough will be very sticky if you skip this step.
- Once dough has been chilled for half hour, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar (I poured my powdered sugar in a bowl but you could also do on wax paper). Place on baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes – no longer! You want the cookies to be very soft.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.