Pineapple is delicious. Plain and simple. It almost tastes more like a candy than a fruit – which is why it makes for the perfect dessert when hosting a “healthy barbecue.”
This pineapple is extra special because it’s been brushed with a cinnamon honey sauce and then grilled. Have you ever grilled pineapple? It’s awesome! Grilling the fruit brings out an extra special sweetness and the cinnamon honey sauce caramelizes with the heat. You can serve it on its own or with a side of ice cream! Either way, it’s a much less caloric option to brownies and pie and cookies.
Cinnamon Honey Grilled Pineapple
Servings: 1 pineapple makes about 8 slices
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pineapple, cored and cut into slices
- Preheat your grill to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine honey, lime juice, olive oil, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Brush mixture onto one side of each pineapple slice
- Stick pineapple on grill, sauce side down.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes
- Open grill and brush rest of cinnamon honey mixture on top of pineapple slices and then flip slices
- Grill for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm plain or with ice cream.