Between my cooking segments and my recipe videos, I do a lot of baking for other people! And by now you probably think I just eat cupcakes and brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! But fortunately for my waistline, that is not the case.
When it comes to making dinner for myself, I try to make it as quick and easy as possible. Lately, many of my meals have consisted of this recipe for three-ingredient slow cooker chicken.
Three ingredients. Slow Cooker. No Fuss. ‘Nuff said.
What I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can use the chicken in tacos, on top of rice, as nachos, or even just plain. I love making a big batch for myself and then eating it multiple ways throughout the week.
I promise, it does not get easier than this!
3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken
Yield: Makes about 6 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts into slow cooker, sprinkle taco seasoning on top of chicken, dump salsa on top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until easy to shred.
- Once chicken is ready, shred with two forks. Mix with remaining salsa in slow cooker.
- Serve on top of rice, tortillas, chips, etc.