Happy Cinco de Mayo! And happy birthday, Dad!
Today I’m celebrating with these cute little beef taco cups. These would make a great appetizer for a party or you can eat them as an entrée for dinner.
I used wonton wrappers for the shell because they’re easy to work with and they fit perfectly in a muffin tin. You can typically find the wonton wrappers in the tofu section at your local grocery store. And then I layered refried beans, seasoned beef, and cheese. Yum!
After baking them, I added my favorite toppings – cilantro, onion, tomato, and sour cream! Just like a regular taco, you can customize them any which way you please.
Beef Taco Cups
Yield: Makes about 24 appetizer cups
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown beef in skillet; drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning mix and water, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Layer 1 Tablespoon of refried beans on top of each wonton. Top with 1 Tablespoon of beef and 1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Layer a wonton wrapper on top of the shredded cheese and add another layer of beef and cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from tin and top with your favorite taco toppings (i.e. sour cream, diced tomatoes, onion, or cilantro).
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything