Nothing says summer quite like s'mores! And these cookies are not only festive and adorable, but they're also so dang delicious! The graham cracker cookie is so sweet and chewy, and the whole thing just melts in your mouth.
There are two important things to remember when making these cookies: 1) Press the half-marshmallow into the cookie immediately after you remove them from the oven so that it sticks 2) Broil your marshmallows so they get a nice golden top, just like when you roast them by a campfire. But be careful! Watch them closely because they burn quickly.
Also, as always, I used Challenge butter when making these cookies. Challenge butter is hormone free and made with real cream. It whips up smoothly when you're creaming it with other ingredients, and the butter flavor really shines through in the cookies.
Toasted S’mores Cookies
Yield: Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Challenge butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- 24 chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet, 1-2″ apart.
- Bake for 6 - 8 minutes or until edges are just getting golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently press a half marshmallow, sticky side down, onto each cookie. Let cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, preheat broiler.
- Place cookies back in oven and broil for 1-2 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Once marshmallows start to turn golden brown, remove from broiler and press a chocolate kiss on top of each cookie.