It isn't a party until you have a cheese ball, right? I decided to try something new and made a dessert cheese ball. I've tried dessert cheese balls at craft shows and fairs, but I had never attempted to make one myself.
Typically, dessert cheese balls start with cream cheese and powdered sugar, and you cream them together similar in the way in which you would a cheesecake.
I wanted to make a s'mores cheese ball because s'mores always seem to be a fan favorite. Plus, I thought it would compliment the graham cracker dipping sticks well!
S'mores Dessert Cheese Ball
For the cheese ball
- 16 ounces Challenge cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow crème
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup marshmallow bits
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and marshmallow creme. Beat until well combined. Add 1 cup mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Form ball as best as possible and place cheese ball in freezer for 10 minutes.
- While cheese ball sets, combine graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and marshmallow bits on large plate and mix.
- Remove cheese ball from freezer and roll in graham cracker mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour and server with graham crackers.