What is it about buffalo chicken dip that is so addicting?
It is an absolute necessity at every tailgate and football party. It doesn’t matter if you’re a gourmet chef and the biggest food snob; I guarantee you will be drawn in by the buffalo chicken dip’s gravitational pull.
It’s spicy, it’s creamy, it’s cheesy – what’s not to love?
Let’s be honest – if there isn’t buffalo chicken dip, what’s the point of even having a party.
So what could possibly make this party staple even better?
Bread. That’s right. You heard me. Bread! The answer to everything is more carbs!
For this buffalo chicken dip recipe, I made a very easy bowl out of French bread. I suggest using a crusty French bread so it’s sturdy enough to hold the dip. But don’t go for one of those skinny baguettes! It will be too tough to pull apart and there’s not enough room to hold the dip.
Then you just slice a layer off the top, scoop out the insides, and viola! A bread bowl!
I suggest keeping the extra bread you scooped out and toasting it for a few minutes, and you can use it to dip!
If you try the recipe, let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed French Bread
Yield: Makes 1 loaf of stuffed French bread
- 4 ounces Challenge cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded, low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup plain low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a medium-sized bowl; fold in shredded chicken
- Slice off layer from top of French bread
- Scoop out inside of French bread
- Add buffalo chicken dip to bread bowl
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve with bread you scooped out of bread bowl