Thursday, August 18, 2016

Peach lemonade


I’ve had peaches on my mind since a recent trip to Washington where I had the best peaches of my life.

At Pike Place Market in Seattle there are hundreds of vendors that sell fresh produce from all over the state. One particular vendor would offer samples of the “best peach you’ll ever eat.” He served the sample by cutting a chunk off the peach with a pairing knife and putting the juicy fruit right in the hands of eager passersby.


And he was not lying. It was the best peach I’ve ever eaten. And despite the fact that my hands were a juicy mess due to his unorthodox sampling style, I went back for a second sample. And then I went back for a third and a fourth sample because free samples are the best thing this world has to offer.

(Okay I’m kidding about that last part. I only took one sample, and we actually bought the peaches.)

I think more than anything, peaches taste like summer. So when I was thinking about a refreshing summer drink, I knew it should include peaches! And I wanted it to be extremely easy. So I decided on Peach Lemonade.


There are only a couple of ingredients, and I love that you can stick the drink in the freezer and make a slushy. I added mint leaves to the side of my drink to make it even more refreshing. Delicious!

Peach lemonade
Servings: Makes about 48 ounces

Ingredients
  • 3 peaches, chopped
  • 12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup ice
Directions
  1. Add peaches and frozen lemonade concentrate to blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Add water and ice and blend. If it is too sweet for you, add another cup of ice.
  3. Serve with mint leaves (if you want) for a refreshing drink!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover